Sunday 15 February 2015

Fair Isle sample

After admiring some Fair Isle gloves made by a friend of a friend at a party a couple of weeks ago, I felt inspired to give it a go myself. I'd made a couple of tiny samples after getting a Kaffe Fassett book but never done anything seriously (not that this is much more serious).

I took a pattern from Sock Knitting Masterclass* and knitted it in the round, reversing the colourway on each side. I wasn't intending to make the socks so just did one pattern repeat, stuffed it with capoc & lavender and sewed up the ends.

Now that I've got the hang of holding and moving the yarn I need to think of a serious project to do. I could make more of these little lavender bag, but with different patterns. Perhaps some gloves, glasses cases, phone cosy or should I attempt a jumper?

* This is my favourite sock book. It's got lots of different techniques to try. You can follow patterns or adapt the ideas for yourself. It's clear and so far, I haven't found any mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment